Returns & Exchanges
First Garment Guarantee
Order 1 item first. Try it out risk free. If it doesn't work out, return or exchange it for free.
Our First Garment Guarantee is simple: if it's your first time trying a specific product line* (all underwear fits, fabrics and styles are considered the same product line - see more product lines below), just order 1 item first - if you don't absolutely love it, you'll get a free return or exchange on that first item no questions asked (US orders only - return shipping is on the house for US orders). As soon as 2 or more items from the same product line are ordered, all items in the order skip the First Garment Guarantee and are covered by the Feel Good Guarantee instead (when ordering multiple items of the same product line, it is assumed that you already tried and like the items). See the examples below for more details. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and reason for return/exchange within 30 days of purchase and we'll get the process started.
- First time customer ordering 1 pair of Standard Fit Boxer Briefs, 1 pair of Performance Ankle Socks and 1 Performance Dress Shirt: all 3 items in their order is covered by the First Garment Guarantee and will have a free return or exchange
- First time customer ordering 1 pair of Standard Fit Boxer Briefs and 1 pair of Paradise Pocket Boxer Briefs: both items are covered by the Feel Good Guarantee instead (because all underwear fits, fabrics and styles are considered the same product line) and must be returned unopened and still in their original packaging. Neither pair is covered by the First Garment Guarantee in this case
In an effort to drive more value to our customers (lower returns and exchanges = lower costs for us = lower prices for you) and promote conscious consumption, we highly recommend customers order just 1 unit of a product line first before committing to a larger order. Please see additional returns and exchange terms below.
*List of individual product lines:
- Underwear - all underwear styles (boxer brief, trunk, brief, boxer, Paradise Pocket), fabrics and fits (Standard, Athletic, Longer) are considered the same product line (for instance, the Standard Fit, Athletic Fit, Longer Fit, variant 2, compression baselayers, Paradise Pocket and all other underwear are considered the same product line).
- Performance Dress shirt and the Performance Short Sleeve Button Up in all styles and fits are considered the same product line
- Essential V Neck and Crew Neck in all styles and fits are considered the same product line
- AirWeight undershirt - High V and Deep V are considered the same product line
- All socks in any fit or style are considered the same product line
- The Limitless Performance Chino
- The Limitless Performance Chino Shorts
- Contender Training Shorts and Heavyweight Training Shorts are considered the same product line
Place a qualifying follow up order and we'll refund the shipping cost on your previous order
If it is your first time trying any All Citizens product line, we recommend ordering 1 item from that product line first to find the perfect fit. Then, if you make a second purchase of $60 or more of the same product line within 15 days of your package delivery date, we'll refund the shipping cost on your first order (Australia orders only). Simply leave a message with your order (you can do this during checkout) to let us know that you’ve made a second purchase and we'll refund you within 3 days.
Drawer Refresh Upgrade
For all boxer briefs (Standard Fit, Athletic Fit, Longer Fit and Compression Shorts): if you would like to upgrade to a Preferred Pricing pack (Drawer Refresh, Complete Drawer Refresh) after your first order, just purchase the remaining garments for that pack within 15 days of your package delivery date and leave a message with your order to indicate that you would like to upgrade. We'll refund the difference within 3 days of your upgrade order and will even refund the shipping costs on your first order (Australia orders only)! See the example below:
- Order 1 pair of boxer briefs to test out ($20 + $6 shipping)
- Test them out and love them!
- Order 6 more pairs of boxer briefs within 15 days of your original order to complete the Drawer Refresh ($120)
- We'll refund you $17, so the total you’ve paid for both orders is $129
Feel Good Guarantee
After you've tried the first item from a product line, all subsequent items from that product line are covered by our Feel Good Guarantee where we accept returns and exchanges within 30 days of purchase. All returned or exchanged items must be unopened, still in their original packaging and have not been tried on*, washed, damaged or altered in any way. We'll provide a return shipping label and deduct the return label cost, a $10 restocking fee and the original shipping and fulfillment cost borne by All Citizens from the refund. To start a return or exchange, please email email@example.com with your return or exchange request, order number and reason for return. Please see the Other Returns and Exchanges section below for additional considerations.
International orders are eligible for returns and exchanges, but the return shipping cost, exchange shipping costs, duties and taxes are not covered by All Citizens.
Our Approach on Returns and Product Pricing
Our return policy is a departure from the “free returns on all orders” that
This may seem counter intuitive, but here's the truth about the "free returns on all orders" return policies – these policies may seem “free” on the surface, but customers actually end up paying for them in a less explicit way. The truth is, shipping items and processing returns is expensive for businesses - take into account original shipping and fulfillment costs, return shipping costs, exchange shipping and fulfillment costs, warehouse return processing fees, restocking fees, and costs for laundering, cleansing, sanitizing and repacking each returned item as well as the cost of throwing away intimate items that can't be resold once tried on (like underwear and socks). Common practice for most brands is to have a return rate of 20 to 25%, meaning 1 in 4 items get returned - most brands forecast the expected returns and subsequent costs, and then bake those costs into their product pricing (which means more expensive product prices) in order to account for all of the expenses listed above. This means that all customers end up paying higher prices to subsidize the “generous” return policies.
Why should customers who don’t need to return or exchange a large amount of items be subjected to paying higher prices for products?
We thought we could do better and deliver more value to our customers, so we updated our return policy to encourage conscious and thoughtful purchasing – just try 1 item first, see if you like it, then order more or return/exchange it for free (you get a free return or exchange on all product lines if it is your first time trying that product line) – that way, we don’t pay for multiple shipping and fulfillment costs or for discarding products that can't be resold, and we pass that savings back to you in the form of lower prices - simple. Our return rate and return costs are more than 5 times lower than the industry average - that is one of the reasons why you see our products such as our microfiber boxer briefs and our Performance Dress Shirt priced at less than half of what comparable premium brands with similar high quality products charge.
We believe our approach is more sustainable - for your wallet, for our business and for our planet.
Other Returns and Exchange terms:
- Shipping charges on the original order will not be refunded.
- Please allow 14 days to process the return and provide a refund once we receive the returned package (please note that during more pressing times, such as during the COVID pandemic, return processing times may be delayed up to 21 days due to reduced capacity and headcount - thank you for your patience on this during these trying times)
- Gift Cards are non-refundable.
- Returns or exchanges due to an error on All Citizens's part will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- All international orders are subject to the Feel Good Guarantee (the First Pair Guarantee does not apply to international orders) - all returned items must be unopened, still in their original packaging and not worn or tried on. Return shipping and any duties or taxes are the responsibility of the customer
- For boxer briefs and socks - we will process an exchange to a different size in the same color but will not process exchanges to a different color
- For boxer briefs - we will process an exchange from a Standard Fit to an Athletic Fit boxer brief and vice versa, but will not process an exchange from a Standard Fit or Athletic Fit to the Longer Fit Boxer Brief
- Under the First Garment Guarantee, the Variant 2 boxer briefs cannot be exchanged for non-Variant 2 boxer briefs
- Please see the list of product lines above for more details
- For boxer briefs and socks - the First Garment Guarantee only applies to either your first pair of boxer briefs or your first pair of socks in your first order (i.e., one or the other)
- We recommend only purchasing 1 item from a product line first before committing to a larger order. Orders which contain more than just your first item (including orders with multiple sizes and/or colors of the same product line) don't qualify for the First Garment Guarantee and are covered by the Feel Good Guarantee instead. Then, if you make a second purchase of $45 or more of the same product line within 15 days of your package delivery date, we'll refund the shipping cost on your first order (US orders only)
- If an order contains a single item from different product lines (e.g., 1 V neck t shirt, 1 dress shirt and 1 short sleeve button up), and it is the customer's first time trying all of the different product lines, all items in that order are eligible for returns and exchanges under the First Garment Guarantee
- In the case where an order contains multiple items from a single product line as well as a single item from a different product line (e.g., 2 dress shirts and 1 V neck t shirt), and it is the customer's first time trying all of the product lines in this order, only the single item is eligible for free returns and exchanges (e.g., the 1 V neck t shirt in this example). The free return and exchange from the single item cannot be extended to the multiple items from a product line (e.g., the 2 dress shirts in this example)
- The First Garment Guarantee does not apply if a customer's first order contains multiple boxer brief fits (Standard Fit, Athletic Fit and the Longer Boxer Brief) - we recommend trying 1 fit first. If you are unsure which fit will suit you best, please refer to the FAQ page for the fit guide or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance
- The First Garment Guarantee does not apply if a customer's first order contains multiple boxer briefs in different sizes - we recommend trying 1 pair first. If you are unsure of your size, please refer to the FAQ page for the sizing chart or contact email@example.com for guidance
- After your first garment from a product line, all subsequent garments being returned or exchanged must be in their original product packaging and has not been opened, washed or worn. If we receive a returned garment with product packaging that has been opened, the item will be discarded/disposed of and a refund will not be issued for this item. All Citizens maintains the right to reject any returned items which we believe have been opened, are not in their original packaging, or have been tried on*, washed, damaged or altered in any way
- All Citizens does not take responsibility for any products lost during the return shipping process. If you have any issues with the delivery of your package, please contact the carrier for a resolution.
- All Citizens is not able to resolve shipping problems after delivery. All items purchased from au.AllCitizens.com are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to the customer upon our delivery to the carrier. Please ensure that your selected shipping address provides a secure location for your order.
- For packages which are unable to be delivered and are returned back to our warehouse, we will refund your order and subtract the shipping and fulfillment costs borne by All Citizens will be deducted from the refund. Please ensure your shipping address is accurate to avoid failed deliveries.
- For purchases made using Bitcoin or other crypto currencies: due to the fluctuating prices of crypto currencies, we are only able to provide the USD equivalent of your original order for your return.
Please email hello@AllCitizens.com if you have any questions.
*Due to health code regulations and hygiene concerns, company policy and the intimate nature of underwear, we cannot accept returns or issue a refund if the underwear has been tried on or taken out of its individual package (excluding your first pair). We reserve the the right to refuse any returned underwear garment which we believe to be worn. Any questions on product, fit, material or other, please email hello@AllCitizens.com